Level 2 Floristry Apprenticeship Les Fleurs
Les Fleurs is delighted to be able to offer an exciting opportunity to join a skilled team in a thriving floristry shop. Based in Paignton, the work will involve sales, general preparation of flowers and arrangements, maintaining the health of flowers / plants, as well as great customer care.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Les Fleurs are wishing to recruit an apprentice, who is motivated towards building a career in this unique industry. The successful applicant will be passionate and committed to training through both ‘on’ and ‘off’ the job training opportunities and will actively strive to promote and uphold a positive and professional customer experience, whilst working as part of a team.
With appropriate support, training and instruction the apprentice may ultimately become involved in:
- Designing, preparation, cutting and arranging of flowers and foliage
- Client communications
- Applying creativity and design
- Selling of merchandise
- Perform general cleaning duties to ensure that the shop is kept safe, clean and tidy
- Unpack stock as it comes into the shop
- Wrap and label completed arrangements
- Water plants/flowers and maintain their condition whilst stored
- Enhance a shop’s image
- Taking financial transactions using a till
Requirements and prospects
- You must have a strong desire to enter into a career in floristry.
- Good customer service skills would be appreciated.
- Previous experience is not considered essential, as long as you are friendly, creative, polite and willing to learn.
Applicants are expected to be:
- Offer flexibility
- Excellent timekeeper
- Positive attitude
- A proactive approach is needed, having the skills to work alongside others as part of a close working team.
2 GCSEs in English and Mathematics at grade D or above (or equivalent) is essential – however, applicants with relevant prior experience but without the stated qualifications may be considered, though must be prepared to work towards their level 1 functional skills qualifications.
A driving license is helpful but is not essential, as long as you are able to get to and from the employer reliably and access Bicton College for your training.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be trained in the workplace alongside your usual duties and you will be expected to attend Bicton College one day a week or on a block release basis.
You will work towards achieving a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Floristry, including work based and knowledge components, an Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) qualification, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and, if required, Functional Skills.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bicton College
Recruitment Team 0845 60 99 599
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017