Automotive Glazing Apprentice Essex Glass & Windscreens Ltd
We are looking for a motivated individual to pursue a career in the Automotive Industry.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Great opportunity to complete an apprenticeship with an expanding local windscreen replacement company. Working towards a level 2 NVQ qualification. The successful candidate will be trained on the job with assessment and support through the IWA Academy.
Duties will include:
- Loading and unloading glass.
- Assisting with the removal and refitting of windscreens & body glass into vehicles.
- Assisting customers.
- Keeping the office and vans in a good safe order.
Requirements and prospects
Previous experince is not neccesy, however good communication with staff, colleges and customer and hands on approach.
Intrested in motor vehicles and a ability to think for themselves
- No formal qualifications required
Things to consider
About the employer
- An Automotive Glazing Apprenticeship at level 2 will be achieved the qualification will take a minimum of a year and one day to achieve and you will be trained on all the necessary skills to carry out repairs or replacements of windscreens independently.
- You will also be trained on current Health and Safety and Functional skills in Maths and English we be delivered if not already achieved.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Independent Windscreen Academy
Company uniform and general safety wear will be provided.Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017