Support to Teaching & Learning Apprentice Level 2 Meadow High School
To be part of a classroom team under the direction of the class teacher and experienced Teaching Assistant. To assist in delivering lessons, help develop teaching resources for teaching activities. Support pupils taking part in trips. Pay due attention to Health & Safety and well being of pupils
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
18 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Attend to pupils personal needs and implement related personal programmes.
- Promote the acceptance and inclusion of all pupils. Have an understanding and acceptance of pupils emotional and behavioural needs.
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress.achievements and report to the teacher as agreed.
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested.
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed.
- Provide clerical/ administrative support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money etc.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Transporting children by minibus.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Hold a current driving licence and prepare to be Midas trained
- Be prepared to undertake a first aid training programme.
- Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Have an interest in and committment to working with special needs children
- Have a good sense of humour and positive attitude to saily challenges
- Be confident with a good telephone manner.
- Clear communicator
- Willing to participate in a full range of curriculum activities
- Ability to participate in development and training opportunities
- Ability to work both under the teachers and teaching assistants direction
- Smart casual dress and be well groomed.
- Show empathy and kindness
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- A good standard of general education
- Minimum GCSE's (or equivalent) in Maths and English to GCSE grade C standard (or grade 5 and above)
- ICT competent
- First aid training is desirable but not compulsory (as training will be given)
Things to consider
About the employer
The candidate will take on a fully structured apprenticeship. This will involve an assessor visiting the candidate every 4 weeks, in their workplace to observe them and to help guide and coach them throughout the qualification.
The candidate will also be expected to come tp the Training Provider once every 4 to 6 weeks to gain underpinning knowledge and also for English, maths and ICT Functional skills, working to a Level 1 standard (unless their GCSE grades deem them to be exempt)
The candidate will be working towards a Level 2 Support to Teaching & Learning Apprenticeship.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
INNOV8 TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by INNOV8 TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT LTD
Carol Patel 01895 235200 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017