Apprentice IT Technician Avon Polymer Products Limited
As the next wave of emerging talent in Avon Rubber, the Apprentice IT Technician will be mentored and developed by 15 IT specialists within the department. You will be exposed to and work within all areas of IT support, as well as network administration, web development, procurement and other IT programs.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
5 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties would include:
- Provide support for IT applications and solutions, from troubleshooting and system monitoring to incident resolution
- PC Procurement and user support; Various Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office 2016 and various other PC applications
- End Point Cyber threat prevention.
- iOS Device procurement and support
- Office 365 user setup and training
- Network Administration; LAN, Wireless and documentation
- Backup housekeeping
- IT user training - Various
- WebEx and Video conferencing support
- Sharepoint administration
- Sitekit CMS support and web development
- Involvement in various IT programs, to include O365, Cyber Threat prevention and new Microsoft application from O365
- Learn how to adapt while taking on new technical challenges every day
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserved the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills,
- Confidence in IT troubleshooting,
- Understanding the importance of working as a team providing exceptional support services
- Microsoft experience.
- Experience in Office 365 and Sharepoint is desirable
- An understanding of computer hardware
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ideal candidate must be a reliable effective communicator and understand the importance of providing exceptional IT support.
- This apprenticeship would suit an individual with the passion and desire to pursue a long term career in IT.
Minimum GCSE grades A* to C (or equivalent) including Maths and English. All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths, English and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (English, Maths and ICT) if required
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wiltshire College
Wiltshire College Apprenticeship Team 0845 345 2235 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017