Nursery Club Assistant Apprenticeship King Edwin Primary School
If you enjoy supporting children and further developing their personal and social development please apply for the Nursery Club Assistant Apprenticeship vacancy below!
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
King Edwin Primary School is looking to employ an energetic, patient, personable individual who would like to support children.
As a Nursery Club Assistant your duties will include:
• Supporting children within a breakfast and after school club.
• Basic risk assessments (both paper based and visual observations.)
• Knowledge of policies and procedures including health and safety.
• Supporting play and development.
• Personal care of the children, such as washing hands before meals and snacks.
• Preparation of snacks/meals.
• Minor incidents/accidents and how they are recorded.
• Basic child observations.
• Monitoring behaviour and being a role model.
• Any other duties confirmed and agreed with your direct line manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication Skills.
- Able to support development.
- Able to monitor progression.
- Working on own initiative.
- Numerate and Literate.
- proficient working knowledge of I.T systems.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Genuine desire to support children.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Confident, enthusiastic and creative.
- Hard working.
No formal qualifications required, however a good standards of Maths, English and IT are desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
Our primary school years lay the foundation for a lifetime of learning. We recognise the importance of knowing every child and work hard to foster the vital partnership between home and school. Parents and visitors to our school often comment on the warm and friendly welcome they receive at King Edwin.
As a school we aim for every girl and boy to have a happy and purposeful primary education, in an environment that is caring and supportive, so that every child can reach their full potential.
We treat all our pupils individually, developing their sense of worth and confidence. We strive to provide every child with the skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to play a full part in society, now, within the school and later in the community.
This website is designed to give you a glimpse of the range of opportunities available at the school as well as an insight into the things we consider important in the education of our children. It is packed with information that parents/guardians need to know. If you are a prospective parent looking for an admission place for your child, I would be delighted if you would come along to meet us in person and look around the school.
Acting Head Teacher
The successful candidate will be enrolled onto the following certificates / qualifications:
• Level 2 QCF in Children and Young People's Workforce.
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English
Children and Young People's Workforce
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CT Skills
Ross Braker 01159599544 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017