Apprentice Accounts Administrator LODGE TYRE COMPANY LIMITED(THE)
The right candidate will join the Head Office Team as an Apprentice Accounts Administrator. Their responsibilities will be to support the assistant manager in administering the sales and invoicing policy, taking and receiving phone calls from internal and external bodies and communicating at all levels within the business.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
21 Oct 2017
4 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to take the first steps in a fantastic career with one of the most famous names in automotive wheels and repair. Lodge Tyres has depots across the Midlands and North West of England with their head office in Stafford.
The right candidate will join the Head Office Team as an Accounts Administrator. Their responsibilities will include processing sales invoices and supporting the Head Office Assistant Manager to achieve the growth targets.
The successful applicant’s responsibilities will include:
- Achieving individual targets and assuring the team meet their set targets
- Accurate and reliable data entry
- Review of data entry across departments and ensuring quality and compliance with company policy
- Chasing outstanding order numbers
- Assisting with distribution of invoices using email and post
- Liaising with company depots and managers
- Keeping customer records up to date and accurate
- Providing administrative support to customers and handling complaints including escalation procedures
- Supporting with final invoice checks
- The successful applicant may also be required to complete other duties as required by the company.
Requirements and prospects
Candidates must be well organised with effective time management skills. Attention to detail is key. The ability to work on their own initiative would be an advantage. Candidates must be computer literate and have experience of using Microsoft packages.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is able to work well under pressure.
Being well organised is desirable as well as the ability to work to deadlines under pressure. Candidates must be hardworking, reliable and willing to complete any tasks associated with their job role.
GCSE maths and English grades A*-C/4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) would serve as a distinct advantage.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Business and Administration
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
James Pawley 01543 460050
Before you apply
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017