Employment Services Assistant Apprentice NHS Greater Manchester Shared Services
An exciting opportunity to join the NHS in our vibrant Oldham offices is now available. Offering fantastic packages and the opportunity to be a key member of the team. You will be a key member of the Employment services team supporting the team in matters relating to employment life-cycle and much more, You will be a key member of the team.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- To provide general clerical administration support across a range of duties within the People Services Function.
- To ensure that processes are carried out in accordance with People Services Process and systems administration and management documentation, protocols, procedures, schedules and deadlines.
- In the absence of the Service Desk Assistant, sort and distribute post for People Services.
- Act as Approver for ESR Inter Authority Transfer requests from other NHS organisations.
- To create personal files in accordance with the People Services standards for all new starters in CSU and client organisations.
- To ensure that all paper based and electronic record and filing systems are maintained in accordance with the People Services Information Governance and Record Management Protocols.
- To establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, other functions, service users and clients and external agencies.
- To participate in the Personal Development Review process. This will include a review of what aspects of this role are being done well and the identification of areas for development.
- To take ownership for own personal and professional development, undertaking continuing personal and professional development as appropriate. Maintain a log of activity.
- To actively demonstrate good customer service standards, ensuring that all interactions and transactions undertaken are responsive and customer focused.
- To understand how own role and objectives are linked to the People Services objectives, and the CSU and client organisation corporate objectives.
- To provide guidance and support to new members of the team in respect of best practice systems and data use, good data processing, and data quality expectations, demonstrating activities and work routines, as appropriate and required.
- To deliver standardisation in your processing of all HR transactions to ensure accuracy, reduce scope for error, deliver consistency in application across NHS Greater Manchester CSU and client organisations and maximise processing efficiency.
- To support the provision of workforce and performance data nationally, regionally and internally through accurate and high quality inputting.
- To support project and process developmental work, as appropriate to the role.
- Take a support role in dealing with internal and external auditors.
- Planning and organising.
- To plan and deliver own day-to-day workload and work to strict deadlines.
- To assist in the effective running of the People Services work environment, ensuring that the office is tidy and that all paperwork is stored safely and appropriately.
- Input personal information and data accurately, and in a timely manner, to facilitate the provision of a fast, effective quality service.
- To collect and collate information as requested by the Employment Services, and Business Partnering team members.
Employment Services General Responsibilities:
- To promote to our client organisations the CSU, the importance of providing timely and accurate information to support People Services in providing high quality, up to date, information as and when it is required.
- The post holder will be fully conversant with national standards for data quality, collection and recording, will set the requirements and standards for the People Services Team. These will be in accordance with our obligations as data processors and will ensure that our standards are best practice and remain up to date through regular review.
- To continuously and proactively support the development and enhancement of the skills and knowledge of the People Services team to ensure that data quality and sound process administration and management is ‘business as usual’ and customer service is core to service delivery.
- To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the grading of the post, as may be required
Requirements and prospects
- Process driven.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer focused.
- Time management.
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths desirable but NOT essential.
About the employer
- Level 2 Business Administration
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- Functional Skills Level 1 in ICT
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Damar Training
Mike Kendrick 0161 480 8171 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017