Business Administration Apprentice CASC (BARROW) LIMITED
Business Administration Apprentice to provide clerical and administrative support to Casc (Caring and supporting children) Barrow services and to monitor administrative processes at relevant sites and to relevant functions and departments.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To provide clerical and administrative support to Casc Barrow services. To monitor administrative processes at relevant sites and to relevant functions and departments.
- Provide efficient clerical and administration support to enable effective operation of Abbey Lodge and Moorfield Learning Centre.
- Input/output data in order to maintain and make use of the organisations databases.
- Undertake and adhere to health and safety regulations and assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Provide an ability to identify, assess risk and respond to safeguarding issues following safeguarding procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
To undertake office duties including:-
- Answering telephone, dealing with requests, taking referrals, recording messages and passing onto the relevant person
- Organising stationary and storage areas
- Photocopying and scanning
- Sorting post
- Archiving relevant documentation
- Filing and ordering information
- Desktop publishing
- To collate and record monitoring information using spreadsheets and to submit this information when required to relevant management
- Monitor petty cash and ensure relevant records and documentation are passed to the Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Liaise with professionals, young people and their families and supplier to maintain an efficient communications system
- Undertake reception duties
- Collate information, statistics and help create reports
- To work on an inter-agency basis with a wide range of organisations and to prepare and share information appropriately in compliance with the Data Protection Act
- To participate in the planning, organising and delivery of events that promote the organisation and engage community members, volunteers and service users
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues, young people and their families
- Help with the update on the organisations website
- To assist in the organisations development plans
- Complete the required mandatory training following the organisations induction procedure
- It is a condition of employment that staff will not disclose any information obtained in the course of their duties other than to those entitled to receive it.
- The post holder must ensure that the confidentiality of personal data remains secure and the terms of the Data Protection Act and relevant policies are met in respect of information held on computerised systems and in relation to the storage, removal and destruction of such information.
- It is imperative that all staff members are aware of and are able to effectively respond to safeguarding issues and concerns in line with policy, procedure and relevant legislation.
- All staff members are required to declare both at application stage and on-going thereafter as circumstances may change, any convictions including spent convictions in line with the requirements of Rehabilitation on Offenders legislation.
- Casc Barrow acknowledges its responsibility to provide a safe, smoke free environment to its employees, service users and visitors. Therefore, all staff must comply with the organisations no smoking policy. This includes the smoking of electronic cigarettes.
- If required to do so, obtain, process and or use information held on a computer or word processor r and lawful way.
- To hold data only for the specific register purpose and to use or disclose data only to authorised persons or organisations as instructed. All staff members are expected to adhere to the regulations regarding the Data Protection Act, in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures.
Health and Safety:
- All staff must ensure that they are familiar with the requirements of the health and Safety at Work Act (1974). Casc Barrow's Health & Safety policy or regulations are applicable to the workplace and food hygiene legislation to ensure that the agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain safe conditions for employees, clients and visitors. It is the general duty of every employee to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others and to cooperate with management in meeting its responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Any failure to take such care or the contravention of safety policy or managerial instructions may result in disciplinary being taken.
- All employees are expected to comply with the organisations policy and procedures in complying with promoting and respecting equality and diversity.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Computer/internet literate (Microsoft Office/Excel)
- Good Organiser
- Good Communicator
- Sympathetic to agency work
- Respect for confidentiality
- Able to work in small team
- Ability to work on own
- Good Listener
- Sense of humour
- GCSE (or Equivalent) Grade A-C Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ in Business and Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Business and Administration
TAYLOR MADE TRAINING (NW) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Taylor Made Training (Nw) Ltd
Carla Taylor 01229 343474 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017