Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Papermoon Nursery
Busy day nursery seeking a hard working apprentice to join the existing team!
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
If you are a driven yet friendly person that aspires to work within the childcare industry then look no further. Caring for children aged from 6 weeks to 4½ years and working alongside a very talented and motivated young team. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Helping out with activities with the children.
- Personal care of the children.
- Setting up activities and clearing them away.
- Ensuring that the nursery is kept clean and tidy.
- Helping out at meal times.
- Greeting parents and children.
- Ensuring any relevant paperwork is completed.
- Changing nappies and feeding.
- Work with children in the nursery, individually and in groups to assist and improve their development.
- Attend training sessions and meetings relevant to the post.
- Other general duties as and when required.
This apprenticeship is work based therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and spoken English.
- Calm and patient.
- Friendly and welcoming.
- Uses initiative but can also takes advice and guidance.
- Team player.
- Has a genuine interest in interacting with and developing children.
- Driven and willingness to learn and take on challenges.
- A friendly personality.
- Want the best for the children.
- A* - C GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent).
About the employer
- Level 2 Certificate in Children & Young Peoples Workforce.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
- Personal Learning & Thinking.
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths & English (if required).
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by esg
Chloe Gibbard 07590183612
Before you apply
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017