Apprentice Nursery Assistant Castle Lane Day Nursery
Castle Lane Day Nursery is a delightful day nursery, with an excellent team providing an exceptional level of care to their charges. They are offering the opportunity for a focused individual to join their staff as a Level 2 Early Years Educator Apprentice.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.05
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To work as part of a team providing a high standard of care and education, in line with Ofsted requirements, to children attending the nursery. To care for children, by ensuring they feel special and are well looked after, in a happy stimulating environment, which is safe and secure.
Duties will include:
- Having a sound understanding of a child’s developmental needs and ensuring that these are met.
- Assisting with planning and implementing a wide range of activities that will encourage the child’s all round development, in a group and individual basis.
- Following planned activities and routines.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and encouraging children to do the same.
- Ensuring children are given the highest level of care at all times.
- Ensuring that the unit is run in line with the company’s Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Pro-actively involving children in group sessions.
- Maintaining good two way relationships with parents; giving verbal feedback, encouraging parental involvement, maintain a positive attitude.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills.
- Love of children.
- Self motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Approachable and positive.
- No qualifications required, however Maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) are beneficial
About the employer
Castle Lane Day Nursery
- Level 2 Certificate in Children & Young Peoples Workforce.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths & English (if required).
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Children and Young People's Workforce
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CT Skills
Ross Braker 07827289144 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017