Accounts Support Administrator Alcaline
Want to be a fundamental part of a fantastic team, in a busy open plan office? You will learn to work accurately, efficiently and will develop a wide variety of skills. If you feel you have the ability and you thrive to succeed please apply.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The bulk of your main duties will be;
- Using a bespoke logistics computer system to raise invoices to customers
- Dealing with delivery paperwork as it comes into the office but also performing a variety of administration duties as part of your day to day work.
- You will be checking driver’s delivery and collection paperwork, and entering the details onto our logistics computer management system.
- You will be checking prices and costs, and that each movement of goods has been carried out correctly. Then, you will be able to raise invoices on the system and send them, and any accompanying proof of delivery paperwork, to customers.
- You will be dealing with customers in the UK and multiple European countries, so you will learn to be confident speaking to and emailing people whose main language is not English.
- You will be working in different currencies, and will also learn about differing rules about UK and European VAT invoicing.
- There will also be a variety of administration jobs, working as an assistant in the accounts department, such as maintaining fuel logs, vehicle records, and filing systems.
Requirements and prospects
You will need to be confident with Microsoft – Mainly Outlook and Excel. Basic knowledge is required and anything additional will be taught. As our invoicing system is bespoke so full training will be given.
Honesty, consistency and reliability are key to this role. You will be working as part of a team, and will be a vital addition to the office. An outgoing personality will help, but also an ability multi task, and a desire to learn and progress.
English and Maths GCSEs (A-C / 9-4 Grades). ICT Skills
Things to consider
About the employer
Full in house training to be provided by the employer with the on going support from Eask Kent College. A dedicated assessor will assess you in the work place every 6 to 8 weeks.
Combined qualification - Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
You will be required to attend college to complete your functional skills if you have not currently achieved your GCSEs for English, maths and ICT at grade D or above.
Employer’s rights and responsibilities.
Personal learning and thinking skills
Business and Administration
EAST KENT COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Kent College
Glenn Scott firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017