Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship - Level 2 or 3 A J ROBERTSON LIMITED
Exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians in a small but busy garage in Hove where you will be trained in all aspects of service, maintenance and repair of vehicles. There are 2 roles available which need to be filled urgently.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will learn, develop and practice the skills required to provide general maintenance tasks which will include:
- Servicing vehicles
- Conforming to general health and safety in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
Requirements and prospects
- Good manual dexterity
- Keen interest and enthusiasm for motor the vehicle industry
- Ability to work quickly
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent practical skills
- Hard Working
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment
- Capability to follow instructions and work individually
- GCSE Grade E or above in English and Maths or equivalent qualification
Things to consider
About the employer
A J ROBERTSON LIMITED
Apprentices attend college once a week and all components of the Apprenticeship Framework are covered within day release.
Apprentices are allocated an Assessor who visits the apprentice in the workplace approx. every 4 weeks. Visits include some 1 to 1 time, observation of the learner working as part of the assessment and feedback process.
The Apprenticeship is made up of the following components:
- Diploma (Level 2) - this is the practical and technical based component where the apprentice demonstrates that they have the skills and knowledge to meet the required national standard. Exams are taken for each module of the Certificate.
- Functional Skills, if required, are delivered at the college and are made up of English and Maths. The Apprentice builds up a portfolio of both to show they are able to effectively communicate and use numbers in the workplace. Each Functional Skill is assessed by an online test and a portfolio of evidence. The level of Functional Skill will depend on the level of the apprenticeship.
- ERR (Employment Rights and Responsibilities). This component is used to make Apprentices aware of their employment rights and responsibilities. The apprentice completes this component in question and answer format in a workbook
- PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills) comprises six groups of skills that together with the Functional Skills are essential to success in learning, life and work. These are; managing one's self, managing relationships with others, managing one's own learning performance and work. These are embedded within the other components of the apprenticeship framework.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
CITY COLLEGE BRIGHTON AND HOVE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Brighton & Hove
Hayley Warne 01273 667788 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017