Business Admin Apprentice Level 2 Language Line Ltd
Providing administrative support to the Language Resource Team. Assisting the team with administration and recruitment of interpreters and diary management.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Day to day duties to include:
- To provide administrative support to the Language Resource Team to ensure all interpreters have the relevant documentation to comply with our internal processes.
- Assisting the team wit the administration and recruitment of interpreters.
- Assist the team with the on boarding and management of interpreters.
- To liaise with interpreters and handle queries/respond in a timely manner both over the telephone and via email.
- Assisting with any other ad-hoc duties which may be required including data entry.
- To liaise with multiple parties to effectively manage the diaries of coordinators.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
- An ability to prioritise time sensitive tasks.
- Independent worker willing to take responsibility.
- Good strong communication skills both on the telephone and face to face.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Good Microsoft skills i.e. Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Willing to learn.
- A team player.
- Pro-active with a 'can do' attitude.
- GCSE or equivalent grades A-D in both Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
Initially covering just four languages, LanguageLine Solutions was first set up to enable communication between patients and staff at the Royal London Hospital in East London. The local police force on the Isle of Dogs soon requested 24 hour coverage in 16 languages.
LanguageLine Solutions telephone interpreting and translation services grew rapidly throughout the 1990s, introducing a market-leading face-to-face interpreting service, and the company is now part of the largest interpreting company worldwide providing over 200 languages. Backed by $2 billion-strong ABRY Partners, you can rely on LanguageLine Solutions to provide the highest quality Interpreters and translators for you and your clients at any time.
- Level 2 Business Administration Diploma.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BEXLEY COLLEGE
Lavender T Brown 01322 404 263 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017