Apprentice Administrator Southern Brookes Community Partnership
Working under the direction of the HR Manager to provide reception and clerical support to the community partnership.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Providing main reception duties for organisation
- Producing posters, publicity and newsletters using Word, Publisher, powerpoint, or other creative packages
- Updating website and checking our social media sites on Twitter & Facebook etc
- To provide admin support for the Director, Board and the whole staff team
- To answer the telephone, take messages and direct enquiries as appropriate
- To complete administrative tasks, including photocopying, faxing, filing, scanning etc.
- To manage and replenish stationery cupboards
- Attend meetings and take minutes where possible
- To replenish supplies as and when necessary and to have responsibility of service call-outs
- To sort incoming and outgoing post and to replenish stamps when necessary
- Data entry using our database & excel spreadsheets
- Provide admin and technical support for various events as and when necessary
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent IT skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion on sensitive issues.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work under pressure and a flexible attitude is essential.
- Have a good sense of humour and enjoying working in a busy office environment
Achieved 3x GCSE's at A*- D / 9 - 3 to include maths and English or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Our team will be give you all of the on the job training and support that you need to be a successful Apprentice.
City of Bristol College will deliver the following qualifications and training as part of the Apprenticeship.
•Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration. This is combined (Competence and Knowledge) qualification.
•Functional Skills in Maths (L1), English (L1) and ICT (L1).
•Employment rights and responsibilities. These are embedded within the Competence and Knowledge.
•Personal Learning & Thinking Skills; completing the 6 areas - Creative thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Self-Management & Effective Participation.
You will attend College 1 day a week for 14 weeks.
You will be visited in your workplace by an assessor who will assess your progress through the modules.
Business and Administration
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Bristol College
City of Bristol College 0117 312 5250
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017