Apprentice Landscaper Evoke Landscape Design Limited
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice who wants to start their career in horticulture. You will be someone who wants to develop skills in all areas of design, soft and hard landscaping.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Join Evoke Landscape Design Limited in creating and building domestic gardens for private clients throughout the Yorkshire region. Looking for an enthusiastic and bright person who would relish a physical and outdoor position working on hard and soft landscaping schemes.
- The apprentice will be part of a small independent landscape company building bespoke gardens.
- This role would offer an exciting opportunity for someone wanting a physical job with a desire to learn an array of trade skills in horticulture and building.
- We cover a huge range of services and jobs, creating landscapes and taking projects through the entire design and build process from beginning to completion.
- We work across all aspects of external landscaping and would expect the apprentice to be involved with a range of jobs. Work would include site clearance and preparation for building, ground works and hard works, i.e. paths, paving, walling and driveways. The apprentice would learn carpentry skills building fences, decking, garden buildings and structures, through to learning how to install planting, turfing and lighting schemes.
- The apprentice would be expected to work, and learn, to a high standard and would be taught to use and maintain a variety of hand and power tools.
- The apprentice would need to mix well in a small team and socially with a range of other tradesmen, clients, suppliers and work colleagues.
- The apprentice would be expected to have a keen eye for detail, a strong work ethic, enjoy being outside in all seasons and have an interest in design, nature and problem solving.
Requirements and prospects
You should have excellent attendance and punctuality, and be very enthusiastic for this area of work.
You should love the outdoors and gardening and be flexible in terms of duties you are asked to perform.
Confident using hand and power tools.
You should be extremely polite and courteous to your customers, and treat their gardens with care and respect.
You should have excellent communication skills and be able to talk to customers with confidence.
You must be prepared for physical labour and have the initiative to get on with the job
Maths and English Grades A-C or equivalent.
Lower grades will be considered after a Shipley College Skills assessment.
Things to consider
About the employer
Maths and English functional skills if necessary.
Training by day release at Shipley College.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Shipley College
Petras Puodziunas 01274327390 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017