Apprentice Chef MOSAIC SPA AND HEALTH CLUBS (CONTRACT MANAGEMENT) LIMITED
Mosaic Spa & Health Clubs, a leading leisure management company who specialise in the management of private Health Clubs and Spa's, is seeking to recruit an Apprentice Chef at one of their foremost Day Spas: Imagine Spa. This is in a location where transport will need to be considered, situated on the outskirts of Norwich, at Blofield Heath.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working with our team of chefs you will be trained to assist with a wide range of kitchen duties which will include:
- All aspects of the preparation, cooking and presentation of food, utilising local and seasonal produce to maintain high standards in cooking; ensuring that stock levels are maintained.
- Ensuring that all orders and deliveries are correctly processed and financial controls are followed, offering a high level of customer service for all customers of the spa.
- Ensuring cleanliness standards are maintained at all times throughout the kitchen.
- Ensuring total compliance with all food hygiene requirements and all aspects of Health & Safety are adhered to; complying with all requirements of the Health and Safety Management Manual and the Operational (HACCP) diary.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
Other than the requirement of, approximately, twelve full days college attendance to support the end point assessment process the Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard training programme is primarily delivered in the workplace. Also, should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you will be required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
- You should possess: good communication skills; an ability to cope well under pressure; the capability to work well as a part of a team and to use your own initiative.
- You should be focused and personable.
- You must have a professional manner and will always be ready to listen and help where you can.
- We are looking for a dedicated, well presented, hardworking and ambitious individual who would like to develop a career in the hospitality industry.
- Ideal applicants will possess good time keeping skills and have a strong attention to detail. You will be: reliable, committed and conscientious.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s: with English and Mathematics at Grade C or above (or the equivalent) and two other subjects at grade D or above (or the equivalent).
- As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in English and Maths.
- College Certificates in Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
East Coast College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Coast College
Sandra Peck 01493 419891 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017