Cleaning & Support Apprentice Primrose Care
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to pursue a career in Cleaning. This is a fantastic way to get your foot through the door, within a well-known, good reputation care home in Houghton le Spring.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for a commercial and domestic cleaner who is pro-active, with good customer service skills to cover the following responsibilities:
- Clean all allocated rooms within home, including bedrooms.
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, communal areas.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes following housekeeping policies.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners.
- Empty bins and recyclables into disposal areas.
- Be aware of the guidelines relating to the use of cleaning checklists and use them as appropriate.
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas.
- Preform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects.
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, skirting boards, etc.
Other duties as necessary. A full company training programme will be delivered to the successful candidate.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures and systems.
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting where necessary.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Ability to move between tasks when required.
- Efficient, adaptable and hardworking.
Full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Flexible and willing to learn.
- Motivated and ambitious with a desire to develop.
- Outgoing personality with a good sense of humour.
- Professional, honest and trustworthy.
- Friendly and polite.
- Proactive and able to show initiative.
- GCSE’s A – C grade in English and Maths or equivalent.
About the employer
- Pre-employment preparation - Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Customer Service Skills.
- Full induction and training from the employer.
- Agreed off the job training to support you and your employer with work related training and also to prepare you for Technical Certificate and Functional Skills (if required).
- Study and complete NVQ Level 2 in Cleaning & Support.
- Fortnightly visits to the workplace to assess performance.
Where possible - off the job training will take place within the first 3 months of apprenticeship programme.
Cleaning and Environmental Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Errin Bolam 0191 433 8761 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017