Apprentice Warehouse Assistant DISPLAY PRODUCTS LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to begin a career with Displaypro in Great Yarmouth, manufacturers of advertising equipment, printed products and metal fabrication working as an Apprentice Warehouse Assistant
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be required to assist with:
- Handling materials (Large and Small).
- Processing goods coming in.
- Processing goods going out.
- Quality control of materials.
- Presentation of materials to customers.
- Order preparation.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
The Intermediate Apprenticeship Framework in Warehousing and Storage is primarily delivered in the workplace unless, should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
You will have:
- Good communication skills with a good telephone manner.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions.
- This is a physical job as such you will need to be able to meet the demands of the role.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Good IT Skills.
You will be:
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Respectful and courteous.
- Treat others with diginty.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Keen to develop your skills.
- Friendly and helpful manner.
- A good sense of humor would be ideal.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE at grade D (new Grade 3) or above (or equivalent to), to include English and Maths.
- As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will complete:
- The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage.
- Functional Skills English Level 1.
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1.
- Health & Safety.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
Warehousing and Storage
East Coast College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Coast College
Sandra Peck 01493 419891 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017