Apprentice Hairdresser AVENUE BOUTIQUE HAIR & BEAUTY LTD
To assist stylists in the salon by preparing work areas, making drinks, shampooing clients, moving onto blow styling, colouring , cutting, perming, barbering when training is completed.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To work in a busy professional salon and assist the stylists where required..
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Reception duties.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Assist stylists and training.
- Shampooing and conditioning.
Requirements and prospects
- To be a good communicator, and excellent time keeper.
- Have a good telephone manner.
- Be able to deal efficiently with customers face to face.
- Have a keen interest in hairdressing.
- Work well in a team.
- To be open and enthusiastic to learning.
- Be well presented at all times.
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- Candidates will ideally have at least 3 GCSE's A* - C (or equivalent qualifications). No other specific qualifications are required as full training will be given.
If you do not hold a qualification in Maths & English at level 2, you will be required to do Functional Skills in these subjects.
Things to consider
About the employer
AVENUE BOUTIQUE HAIR & BEAUTY LTD
This is a Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship with the Hairdressing pathway and will include a combination of workplace assessment and college attendance.
Hairdressers will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques, style and finish hair to create variety of looks, and colour and lighten hair for ladies and men. Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair. They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role and be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
Core skills and knowledge in this pathway include:
- Professionalism & values.
- Behaviours & communication.
- Safe working practices.
- Shampoo, condition & treat the hair & scalp.
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks.
- Style & finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks.
- Colour & lighten hair using a range of techniques.
- On the job training from your employer.
- Workplace assessment/mentoring by College appointed person.
- Some College attendance and other off the job training.
- Level 2 embedded into the standard.
- End point assessment by City & Guilds.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Craven College
Sarah Haworth 01756 693686 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017