Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant 118 Pharmacy Ltd
An excellent opportunity to train to become a Pharmacy Assistant. This pharmacy carries out all the duties of a normal Pharmacy but without the customer facing element as all orders are dealt with on the telephone or via the internet.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The range of duties is broad but may include the following:
- Speaking to customers on the telephone and via email taking orders
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication skills
- The ability to read and carry out instructions
- The ability to pay attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Helpful nature
Ideally 4 GCSE's at grade D, including Science, Mathematics and English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Pharmacy:
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF)
- Functional Skills at Level 1 in English and Mathematics
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) Wokbook
- Employee rights and responsibilities (ERR)Workbook
Health - Pharmacy Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017