Teaching Assistant Apprentice Notre Dame R C School
Notre Dame School are looking for an apprentice to work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff to support access to learning for students and provide general support to the teacher in the management of students and the classroom.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant’s duties and responsibilities will include support for students which will involve attending to students’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and related welfare matters. You will be required to support and establish good relationships with students. You will also need to prepare the classroom as directed for lessons, clear afterwards and assist with the display of students work. Be aware of student problems, progress and achievements and report to the teacher as agreed, undertake student record keeping as directed and support the teacher in managing student behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
You will be required to provide support for the curriculum and support students to understand instructions. At all times you are required to provide general support for the school which involves being aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person, being aware of and support difference and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop and you must be an effect role model for the standards of behaviour expected of students.
At some times clerical/admin support e.g. typing, photocopying, printing, display, collection and recording of money will be needed.
Requirements and prospects
- You will be equired to lift and carry objects/equipment in the classroom setting.
- You must have the ability to complete basic paperwork.
- Use relevant technology e.g. computer, video, photocopier.
- Participate in development and training opportunities.
- The ability to relate well to children and adults, good numeracy/literacy skills.
- You must be a good team player.
- Have patience.
- Have good punctuality.
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality and reliability is essential.
- A strong work ethic will also need to be demonstrated.
- GCSE grades A-C or 4-9 (or equivalent) are required.
About the employer
Notre Dame R C School
The Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools includes:
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- Functional Skills in English (Level 2), Maths (Level 1) and ICT (Level 1).
- Child and young person development.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people Schools organisations.
- Help improve own and team practice in schools.
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people.
- Support children and young people’s health and safety.
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Support learning activities.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Olivia 01752 332442
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017