Customer Service Apprentice Eclipse Dental Care
To work alongside our reception team at the front of house. Greeting patients, checking in and out, obtaining necessary paperwork from patient.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.25
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role entails ensuring reception and waiting areas are tidy, checking patients in the appointment book, answering calls, dealing with queries, making appointments, taking payments, supporting the reception team in general and housekeeping tasks, scanning and shredding confidential documents, assisting with cashing up and banking each day, contacting patients who need further treatment, contacting patients who are due for examination.
Requirements and prospects
- The candidate should have a friendly and professional telephone manner and be easily understood by the wide range of patients who attend the practice
- Excellent I.T skills are essential.
- The candidate should preferably have an interest in healthcare
- They must have the ability to be professional at all times and have an awareness of the necessity for confidentiality in this role.
- Smart and tidy in both dress and personal appearance.
- Able to display empathy and be approachable.
- Have a level of confidence to be able to approach others in a welcoming manner.
- Should be able to work on their own initiative but also have an awareness of the importance of team-work.
- Have a knowledge of the importance of oral healthcare (this could be because of personal previous dental treatment or general knowledge of the importance of good oral healthcare)
- English GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent
- Maths GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent
- I.T GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent
- Having a qualification in Health & Social Care would be desirable but is not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training to be Provided Diploma in Customer Service level 2
- Deliver Customer Service
- Understand Customers
- Principles of Customer Service
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wakefield College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017