Business Administration Apprenticeship M R Machine Knives Ltd
An exciting opportunity has become available for an ambitious and committed business administration apprentice to join the close knit team at MRMK ltd.
Closing date: 12 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Nov 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity has become available for an ambitious and committed business administration apprentice to join the close knit team at MRMK ltd, which is based in the Dinnington area of Sheffield.
The successful candidate will learn about the business administration sector first-hand, amongst industry professionals with full training and support.
General Duties and Qualification Units are to Include:
- Processing new sales orders
- Updating production scheduling
- Liaise with Sales and production Operatives to achieve customer needs and deadlines
- Correspondence to customers to maintain customer satisfaction
- Updating and responding to social media and online enquiries
- Providing data and reports to help the sales team
- Keeping track of sales targets
- Answering phone calls, logging calls and transferring to relevant colleagues
- Liaising with suppliers to achieve sales / production targets and schedules
- Research suppliers to ensure competitive rates are received for goods and services
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Raise purchase orders to meet production needs
- Chasing suppliers and reporting to production operatives on expected deliveries
- Assist with logistics of products dispatched
- Maintain accurate customer and supplier records on database system
- Working with packing operatives to maintain stock levels through just in time purchasing or minimum stock order levels
- Assisting with administration of marketing campaigns
- Processing and producing quotes and responding to enquiries
- Any other administration required to meet the company objectives
- Qualification Unit-Manage and improve own performance in a business environment
- Qualification Unit-Work and communicate in a business environment
- Qualification Unit-Understand the principles of personal responsibilities in a business environment
- Qualification Unit-Understand the principles of providing administrative services
A range of optional units will also be selected with the candidate and employer to form a personalised programme of learning which is relevant to the role.
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way of gaining nationally recognised qualifications and transferable skills with long term career prospects and progression routes. If you aspire to work in the administration sector and have a real drive to succeed, apply today and kick start your career.
Requirements and prospects
- Organization and time management skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Some existing experience within business administration is desired but not essential for this role
- Competence in the use of computers and common computer software
- Strong communication skills are required for this apprenticeship
- The ideal candidate will be reliable, punctual and committed to working and learning.
- The suitable candidate will present a smart and professional appearance at all times.
No formal qualifications are required.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will work towards their full intermediate diploma level 2 in business administration. All training will be delivered entirely at the place of work, both on and off the job by Independent Training College. Functional skills qualifications in maths and english are included as part of the apprenticeship standards depending on prior attainment.
Business and Administration
INDEPENDENT TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Independent Training Services Ltd
Hannah Norton 01226295471 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Nov 2017