Apprentice Cranker Steelite International Plc
The successful applicant will learn to carry out the duties to remove the ware from either the drier, sprayline or ware board and place in the correct crank and rod whilst avoiding any damage to the face or back of the item and ensuring the item does not touch the sides of the rods.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To remove the ware from either the drier, sprayline or ware board and place in the correct crank whilst avoiding damage.
- To comply with Health and Safety regulations and maintain a good standard of housekeeping.
- To keep pace with the production output as necessary.
- To immediately inform of any problems.
- To ensure that the ware is not damaged whilst cranking.
- To ensure that the crank is suitable for use/moving to the kiln.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be comfortable with receiving instruction.
- Must have acceptable levels of knowledge of duties within own area of work.
- Must be able to make basic decisions and escalate when appropriate.
- Ability to maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Willing to learn and to learn others.
- Must always be appropriately presented.
GCSE Grade E or above (or equivalent) is essential or New Grades 9 to 3 in:-
About the employer
The successful applicant will be trained in-company to carry out the duties of a Ceramic Cranker.
You will also work towards the acheivement of:-
- Level 2 Diploma in Improving Operational Performance.
Functional Skills Level 1/2 where applicable in:-
Improving Operational Performance
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Axia Solutions Limited
Martyn Steele 01782 572 777 email@example.com
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
More info is available at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/TheNationalMinimumWage/DG_10027201
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017