Apprentice Receptionist/Office Administrator Starlight Healthcare Ltd
The main duties of the vacancy include meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone, photocopying documents, filing, making telephone calls to clients, staff and health professionals. Typing letters, emails and documents as well as data entry. Maintaining diary for the Director. Assisting the Director with day to day duties.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Open office in the morning and close up at the end of the day ensuring that the office is secure and all cabinets and drawers are locked. Ensure that the computers are off and all electrical appliances are either on standby or off in line with Company Procedures.
- Check emails and deal with anything urgent ensuring that all documentation is completed in line with Company Policy and Procedures. When all urgent e-mails have been dealt with then all nonurgent items are to be dealt with in line with Company Policy and Procedures.
- Answering telephone calls and making calls maintaining a professional manner at all times.
- Recording all calls in line with Company Procedures. Assisting the Director/Care Manager in liaising with staff and clients to fill shifts.
- Keeping all manual and computer records up to date ensuring accuracy at all times in line with Company Procedures.
- Ensuring that staff hours are recorded to enable payroll to be run ensuring all deadlines are met.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills both verbally and written ensuring accuracy.
- A caring and understanding nature.
- Good listening skills.
- The ideal candidate should have good keyboard skills and computer skills.
- The ability to prioritise tasks.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
The ideal candidate should be outgoing and be open to new ideas as well as being able to display creativity. Have an interest in learning new tasks and displays ambition to achieve. Display a level of confidentiality and discretion.
4 GCSEs at grade D or higher including English and Maths, or have achieved a relevant Level 1 qualification, or have relevant experience and be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding Level 1 in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Starlight Healthcare Ltd
You will learn through a combination of on- and off-the-job training. You will attend college one day per week during term time and spend the rest of your time earning and learning in the workplace.
The Apprenticeship has a minimum duration of 12 months.
Your progress will be continuously monitored and supported by an Apprenticeship Achievement Officer.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
Matt 02380 911 170 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017