Administrative Apprentice The Wordsley School
Staff will work under the direct instruction/supervision of the Headteacher/Administration Manager and provide basic clerical support. Key Features: To undertake a limited range of basic clerical duties to enable effective and efficient operation of the school.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To act as a point of contact for all school enquiries either by telephone or face to face and contribute to the smooth running of the school reception
- Locate pupils in lessons to pass on urgent messages from parents and/or teaching staff
- To contact parents/guardians regarding; collection of sick pupils
- To ensure that the reception area is kept tidy, informative and welcoming to visitors at all times.
- To search information and data input information into school systems as required.
- To record and sign visitors and pupils in and out of the school.
- Issue visitor passes where necessary.
- To photocopy documents and materials as directed.
- Data entry and production of basic reports (i.e. class lists, medical reports, pupils’ timetables.)
- Making tea/coffee for staff/visitors, providing refreshments for meetings and clearing away crockery and loading/unloading dishwasher
- Undertake reprographics, laminating, scanning
- Copy typing or data entry
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Deliveries, collections and errands as required
- Display and present children’s work as directed.
- To operate processes which ensure effective liaison with external contractors/providers.
Support for the School
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection. Reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the duties/responsibilities/grade of the post.
All staff in school will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements and the allocation of duties including duties normally allocated to posts at a lower responsibility level, in pursuance of raising pupil achievement and effective team working.
Requirements and prospects
Good ICT skills and experience of working with Microsoft office.Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- To use own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
- To work flexibly
- To communicate effectively
- Able to work in a calm manner under pressure
- Able to manage their own time successfully
- To maintain professional confidentiality
- Well developed inter-personal and social skills
GCSE English & Mathematics (Grades A-C) or equivalent.
About the employer
Training will be provided to the apprentice in different departments within the school i.e. Reception, Resources, Pupil Welfare Support, The Bridge Inclusion Centre.
You would be required to attend Halesowen College 1 day a week to full fill the requirements of the Business and Administration Apprenticeship. You would be studying Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, spreadsheets and a variety of other team building, customer service and communication classes.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Halesowen College
Deborah Maley 0121 602 7784 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017