Apprentice Estimator/Buyer/Construction Administrator AP Lewis & Sons Ltd
The role is to assist the office based team. Responsibilities include working closely with the Directors, Estimator and Company Accountant.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
The role of this position is to assist the office based team. Responsibilities include; working closely with the Directors, Estimator and Company Accountant.
The right candidate will have an interest in construction and will need to have some relevant work experience or be able to demonstrate an interest in the construction industry. The role of the position will include the following:
- Assisting the Estimator with sending out subcontract and supplier enquiries. Assist in assessing quotations received.
- Produce purchase orders. Calculating quantities from drawings
- General administration roles will involve - filing, copying, matching delivery tickets and checking off and logging invoices.
- Good computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
This is a varied role and will provide the right candidate with a broad range of skills and experience. There will be opportunities for progression within the company.
The company would consider sponsoring the right individual for professional qualifications.
This is a hands on role working for a long established family run building company.
Requirements and prospects
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the construction industry useful but not essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have an interest in progressing a career in the construction industry,
- Good attention to detail.
- Must be adaptable and willing to carry out a variety of tasks.
- A minimum of five GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades A-C. Must include English and Maths.
- Hold/be working towards a full clean driving licence.
- Good communcation skills.
- Experienced in use of Excel and Word.
Things to consider
About the employer
- HNC/HND in Construction
- NVQ Level 4/5 in Construction Management (Construction Site Supervisor or Construction Management
- Level depends on academic prior achievement and experience.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Moulton College
Sally-Ann Hardwick 01604 491131 Sally-Ann.Hardwick@gmail.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017