Level 2 Apprentice - Children & Young People's workforce Prudhoe Castle County First School
Carry out a range of childcare tasks and assist with general day-to-day activities within the Nursery. You will also be required to assist with morning and afternoon clubs and other classes
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To provide care and early learning experiences according to children’s needs and stages of development.
- To participate in a key worker system for children that provides consistency in facilitating children’s physical, emotional, intellectual and social development.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers, sharing information about children’s progress and encouraging parents and carers to become involved with the Nursery.
- To assist in the implementation of the EYFS framework for all children and liaise with parents and carers in the recording and sharing of information.
- Manage a wide range of children’s behaviour in a way that promotes their welfare and development.
- Ensure that the physical needs of children are met and maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness in the Nursery.
- Observe all policies and procedures as set out (e.g. Ofsted, EYFS, Health & Safety).
- Encourage children and families to play and use outdoor areas.
- Work as part of the sharing and contributing in the ongoing development of the whole programme.
- Undertake continuous professional development that is supportive of the post.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required, commensurate with the grade of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures with guidance.
- Ability to plan and organise daily work routines with guidance.
- Adaptable and able to deal with changing priorities.
- Supportive and effective team player.
- Ability to engage with service users and members of the public.
- Clear and logical thinking required to deal positively with problems occurring within normal work routine with guidance.
- Recent experience of working with children under 4 and experience of working in a
- nursery/crèche or playgroup.
- Experience of working with babies
- Experience of working with children with additional needs
- Experience of working in a child centred community based project.
- Ability to plan and deliver a range of play activities
- Ability to communicate effectively with young children and their parents/carers.
- Work flexibly and as part of a team in the care of young children
- Working knowledge of child development and the needs of the under 4’s.
- Ability to record information accurately and appropriately.
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Work in an anti-discriminatory and inclusive way
- Reliable and keeps good time.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for obtaining a childcare related qualification.
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds values and principles.
- Promotes equal opportunities and diversity in all aspects of work.
- Appropriately follows instructions to achieve set objectives.
- Works collaboratively to achieve team spirit.
- Adapts to change by adopting a flexible and cooperative attitude.
- 3 GCSEs at A-C Grade in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2
- Award in Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Award in Functional Skills English Level 1
- Award in Functional Skills ICT Level 1
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Health and Safety
- Employability Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE NORTHUMBERLAND COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland Adult Learning Service
Joanne Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017