Business Administration Apprentice The Wood Floor Co Uk Limited
Any employment is challenging and an apprenticeship carries the extra demands of gaining your qualifications and being willing to continually update your knowledge and understanding and develop your skills. You will need to be conscientious, mature, reliable, self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The WoodFloor Company are looking for someone to join their team to undertake Business Administration activities to support their accounts departments. The purpose of the role is to provide an effective and efficient administrative support whilst undertaking administration training. The successful candidate will be expected to provide the highest level of customer service and business support to our clients both on the phone, face-to-face as well as providing a support role to the office team.
On a daily basis you will have responsibility for a number of tasks, namely:
- Provide high quality administrative assistance to the Directors and to the wider team
- Act as the first point of contact for all telephone enquiries
- Liaise with clients on a daily basis and represent the customer orientated focus of the company as first priority
- Assist in the maintenance and day to day up keep of the office, showroom and environment
- Manage and implement client databases and develop best practice throughout the company
- Schedule and coordinate mailings where appropriate
- Maintain, develop and coordinate changes to the website and eBay
- Manage all office administration responsibilities, including incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and filing, ensuring a smooth paper flow and maintaining the order and cleanliness of the office
- Maintain supplies of stationery and equipment
- Manage filing systems and archive data
- Develop and implement new administrative systems where necessary
- Attend meetings and take minutes as appropriate
- Keep accurate personnel and staff records and work alongside the Directors to create a positive work place environment
- Write up reports for senior members of staff
- Respond proactively to customer enquiries and complaints
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Manage the company’s social media presence across a number of platforms
- Carry out any other administrative support duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work closely with the finance assistant in all duties such as payroll, and preparing reports
- Book transport, travel and accommodation for the wider team
- Any other general office duties (such as filing, making hot drinks, photocopying, typing and answering the telephone etc.)
The right person for the job will be confident and enthusiastic, with a business approach. You will be self-motivated and have a positive, mature and professional attitude at all times, but also be able to work as part of a team. You should have good IT skills which you will be able to enhance during your employment.
Requirements and prospects
- Fluent English
- Good listening skills
- IT – Microsoft Office
- Answering telephone and dealing with queries
- Written correspondence – email
- Attention to detail
- Smart appearance
- Good time-keeping
- Team player
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above
About the employer
- Full in-house training will be provided and you will work towards an Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship delivered by Darlington College.
- The Apprenticeship consists of NVQ certificate in Customer Service, a Technical Certificate in Principles of Customer Service and Functional Skills.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Darlington College
Business Development Team 01325 503031 Business@darlington.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017