Apprentice - Level 2 Business Administration Concordia Leisure Centre
A Business Administration Apprentice (Concordia Leisure Centre) is required to carry out a range of clerical and administrative tasks and assist with general day-to-day office duties.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Undertaken individually or as part of a team, these are examples of some of the duties that may be expected to be undertaken by the post holder.
The actual duties may vary depending on the requirements of the role.
- Receive telephone calls, deal with visitors, take messages and answer straightforward enquiries in accordance with service standards.
- Provide general office services such as photocopying, collation, faxes, laminating and binding in accordance with guidelines.
- Prepare and present a range of documents such as correspondence and emails to an agreed standard.
- Operate general office equipment, maintaining stocks of consumables, booking service calls to ensure continuity of service.
- Maintain information systems such as filing, client or asset records, booking systems and reference materials ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, ease of use and access.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post in accordance with established procedures.
- Enter data into spreadsheets, databases and other electronic information systems, extract and distribute information as directed ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- Other duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures with guidance.
- Ability to plan and organise daily work routines with guidance.
- Adaptable and able to deal with changing priorities.
- Supportive and effective team player.
- Ability to engage with service users and members of the public.
- Clear and logical thinking required to deal positively with problems occurring within normal work routine with guidance.
- Reliable and keeps good time.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for obtaining an administration related qualification.
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds values and principles.
- Promotes equal opportunities and diversity in all aspects of work.
- Appropriately follows instructions to achieve set objectives.
- Works collaboratively to achieve team spirit.
- Adapts to change by adopting a flexible and cooperative attitude.
- 3 or more GCSE's (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Award in Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT
- Employability Skills
- Health & Safety
Business and Administration
THE NORTHUMBERLAND COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland Adult Learning Service
Joanne Thompson email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017