Apprentice Floor Layer & Fitter FACTOREND LIMITED
Shaw Carpets based in Darton, Barnsley are looking to employ a new apprentice(s) to join their flooring installation/carpet fitting team. The ideal candidate needs to be enthusiastic, willing to learn and develop new skills.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
If you enjoy practical work this could be just the job you are looking for. Carpet fitting and floor laying can be physically demanding a good deal of strength and fitness as heavy lifting is an everyday part of the job. To be a carpet fitter or floor layer, you will need to have good maths skills and the ability to measure accurately in order to work out floor areas, quantities and costs. Apprentices will require the ability to work quickly and accurately, and need a polite and pleasant manner for dealing with customers and the general public.
Most carpet fitters start out by joining a company and training on the job. They may not need any set qualifications, but employers will expect them to have practical skills and be good with numbers in order to work out quantities and areas.
Successful candidates will be able to start this career through our Apprenticeship Scheme
The Candidate will be required to pass the CSkills CSCS Health & Safety Environment test, Training test and application will be provided to the successful candidates.
- Measuring floor space and estimating the of materials needed
- Clearing away furniture and taking off doors
- Removing old flooring
- Cleaning, levelling and sealing the work area
- Gluing or nailing underlay and floor coverings into place
- Stretching carpet over spiked gripper rods and taping
- Heat-sealing joins and edges on vinyl flooring
- Spraying or waxing the floor covering to give it a protective coating
- Putting furniture back and trimming and re-hanging doors
You'll usually work as part of a team of 2 or 3 people.
Requirements and prospects
A full UK driving license with own transport is desirable, but not essential if the candidate lives within Darton or Brierley areas of Bransley.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proactive attitude in relation to their work.
- Be polite and well presented at all times.
- Be physically fit and able to lift carpets as the role is physically demanding.
- Require a good level of common sense along with the ability to listen follow instructions.
- Desire a career in flooring and demonstrate their willingness to learn new skills.
- There are no qualification requirements for this position.
- Funding will not be available for candidates that hold a qualification equal to or higher than a Level 4
Things to consider
About the employer
- C-skills Awards Level 2 NVQ Diploma in floor coverings textiles and impervious
- C-skills Awards Level 2 Diploma in floor coverings textiles and impervious
- Functional Skills Mathematics
- Functional Skills English
- Employer Rights Responsibilities
CONSTRUCTION AND PLANT ASSESSMENTS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Construction And Plant Assessments Ltd
Leah Jackson 01709 868181 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017