Nursery Assistant Apprentice Clanfield Community Pre-School
This is an Apprentice position and you will be trained to work as a member of the nursery team to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Nov 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an Apprentice position and you will be trained to work as a member of the nursery team to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs. You will need to ensure that all resources and experiences offered to the children are of a high standard.
Duties to include:
- Observe, support and extend children’s learning, plan appropriately for children using the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework,
- Maintain accurate and effective records,
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
- Work to continuously improve quality of childcare and education.
- Engage in all aspects of the daily routine and activities ie story-telling, role-play
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand Child Protection Procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills,
- Good organisational skills,
- Strong communication skills,
- Ability to work off of own initiative and also as part of a team
- A mature and professional approach suitable for working in a nursery environment will be required.
- Motivated by making a difference to Children’s learning & development
- Willing to learn and professionally develop
- Committed to self-development
- High level of commitment to the role and responsibilities ie timekeeping, attendance
- Values others
- Effective communicator - good listener, sincere
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confident to take the lead when appropriate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed to collective success
- Socially adept
- Creative and innovative
We would prefer the successful candidate to have their GCSE qualifications in English and maths A-C, but this is not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
All training is provided by Training Associates. A skilled assesor will guide you through the apprenticeship, helping you to achieve the below qualifications (subject to previous grades, some courses may not be needed):
- Childrens & Young People's Workforce NVQ Level 2/3
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills ICT
- Employment Rights & Ressponsibilities Level 2
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Sara Warry 02380 010210 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017