IT Apprentice - Software Tester Paul Mason Consulting
A perfect role for someone looking to begin their career in IT. This Apprenticeship will involve testing products for key retail clients among other software duties.This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and start an interesting career with progression opportunities available for the right candidate.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
08 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Daily tasks to include:
- The Apprentice Software Tester will participate in the delivery of testing projects for key PMC retail clients, through the full project life cycle.
- To attend workshops comprising business and or technical representatives to cover test-dependent activities such as requirement verification and prioritisation, test scenario identification and general matters.
- To ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- To create allocated test scripts, monitor test execution and ensure results are recorded.
- To co-ordinate re-testing of defects and issues.
- To prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including test scripts, activity schedules, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts.
- The Apprentice Software Tester will take responsibility for time management, reporting and monitoring, risk management, issue management, quality assurance and change management.
- To support other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities.
Requirements and prospects
- Be able to develop effective relationships with all PMC staff and clients, and be recognised as providing a supporting role.
- Demonstrate good communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients including producing reports, preparing, organising and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Good at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way.
- Act in a professional manner, and exhibit the required behaviour that should act as an example to other employees.
- Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and client requests. Working locations may include a variety of client sites.
- Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is willing to learn and get stuck in.
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A* - D or equivalent including English and Maths.
- Relevant IT qualification such as A-level In IT or Level 2 Diploma in IT.
Things to consider
About the employer
With experience of working with over 80 of the UKs largest and most exciting retailers, our track record and reputation is built on the strength of our people, our knowledge of retail and our ability to deliver.
PMC has a friendly working environment, and we can offer excellent career opportunities to those who join us on a permanent basis. We offer a range of employee benefits including generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme and healthcare.
What does the apprenticeship involve?
The IT and technology sector is very broad ranging and allows people to use technical and customer skills to produce solutions to everyday problems within a digital environment.
This apprenticeship focuses on computing, software/web development and networking skills and provides training in both the technical and customer service elements of IT roles. Apprentices will learn how to develop, build, maintain and install both hardware and software. Training will also be provided in how to troubleshoot and test as well as setting up new equipment or upgrading systems
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals, Level 3 Extended Certificate in IT At Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Example course content:
• Technical advice and guidance
• Testing and securing ICT systems
• Website design
• Software installation and upgrades
• Working with ICT hardware
• Technical fault diagnosis
• System management
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Abingdon & Witney College
Zainab mirmalek 01235 216370
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017