Apprentice LGV Mechanical Engineer Dpd
• To develop skills and knowledge in all aspects of commercial vehicle repairs and maintenance • To attain qualifications in automotive engineering through a modern apprenticeship • To be capable to continue employment with DPD at the close of the apprenticeship program as a fully qualified and skilled LGV Mechanical Engineer.
Closing date: 23 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
08 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Key Tasks/Areas of responsibility
- Housekeeping and preparation of workshop at start of shift
- Assisting trained employees in vehicle repairs and maintenance as appropriate
- Maintaining workshop quality standards in health and safety and procedures
- Covering the role of steam cleaner/valeter/store person for absence/holidays
- To undergo any other tasks as requested by the assigned Mechanical Engineer
- Adherence to the Health and Safety policy
- To participate in an Apprenticeship Scheme, attending on an appropriate college course relevant to the trade, as required and receiving ‘on the job’ training
- To ensure all college records, logbooks etc are kept up to date, in accordance with the apprenticeship requirements
- Work with increasing independence as the apprenticeship progresses
- Participate in all training initiatives specific to the duties required
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested by line management
Requirements and prospects
- 4 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
About the employer
- To participate in an Apprentice scheme, attending on an appropriate college course relevant to the trade, as required and recieving 'on the job training'.
- Apprentice LGV Mechanical Engineer
Bus, Coach and HGV > Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by System Training
Carol Lowry 0151 485 7509 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Sep 2017