Apprentice Kitchen Assistant/Cook Infinite Oasis Care
Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness in all kitchen areas by following established procedures each day. Assist our Cook in the preparation of meals and be efficient and effective in washing pots and plates; assisting with the plating of meals to a high standard.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Day to day responsibilities:
- To carry out basic food preparation tasks.
- To support in the general upkeep of the kitchen.
- To assist in plating meals.
- To ensure that the kitchen is kept clean at all times.
- To ensure that any spillage, whether on the floor, or work surface, is wiped clean immediately.
- To clean all cooking utensils as well as those used for serving hot drinks and meals.
- To clean down and sterilise work surfaces, walls and tiles after use.
- To record temperatures and ensure that fridges and freezers are kept clean.
- To ensure that food storage cupboards and kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To contribute to the best of your ability to the efficient running of the kitchen and the creation of the right atmosphere.
- To be aware of all food hygiene laws and to ensure that there are no grounds for complaints.
- To help ensure that kitchen is left in immaculate order at end of day.
- Meat and fish that are kept in the freezer must be labelled.
- The food cupboard and freezer room must be lock at the end of the day, as well the freezers.
- The fly zapper and extractor fan must be turned off at the end of the day.
- To organise store room, as well as assisting in the unloading of deliveries from suppliers.
- The kitchen in general, including the floor, should be left clean and presentable at the end of each day.
- Ensure that the staff toilet is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that the bins are emptied at the end of each day.
- Any other reasonable duties that management may require of you to enable the smooth running of the organisation.
- To attend staff meetings and training sessions when required
- Adhere to the organisation’s Equal Opportunities Policy and implement any practice guidelines in the course of duties.
- Adhere to and carry out the principles of Health and Safety at work.
- To be aware that we require team members to be fit and able to work throughout the period of time work is offered.
- To provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- Acquire a DBS check.
Requirements and prospects
- To understand and to implement Equal Opportunities Practice.
- To perform all duties as set out by the Manager.
- Able to liaise with clients.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work schedules.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Ability to form positive relations with colleagues.
- Knowledge of European culinary skills as well as Caribbean cuisine.
- High kitchen hygiene standards.
- Health & Safety.
- Food & Hygiene Certificate.
- Able to demonstrate basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery - this will be a blend of learning and assessment in the workplace.
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) - this is the knowledge part of the apprenticeship and will be delivered at Waltham Forest College.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities - this is embedded in the mandatory units of your Diploma.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills - this is embedded in the mandatory units of your Diploma.
- Functional Skills level 1 in English (if required).
- Functional Skills level 1 in Maths (if required).
Catering and Professional Chefs
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Waltham Forest College
Nelson Dean 02085018074
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017