Warehouse Operative Apprentice Euro-Fit Systems Limited
Eurofit Systems are looking to expand their warehouse team as part of an ongoing business development process; we are looking to recruit someone to assist with the day to day running of the warehouse due anticipated increase in the company website orders.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role duties are as follows:
- Packing of orders and pallets making sure done to a satisfactory standard
- Assist with manually offloading of containers
- Assist with regular stock checks
- Help maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Packing of orders and pallets
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstrate care and attention with picking customer orders
- PC literate and capable of data entry
- Ability to work independently
- Working with current warehouse personal and communicating effectively
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team
- A hardworking, motivated individual who has a proactive approach to their work and a desire to progress
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good time-keeping is essential
- Must be able to establish effective working relationships with colleagues.
Maths and English GCSE (or the equivalent level qualification) is desired and computer skills are advantageous.
Things to consider
About the employer
With over 20 years of experience and over 2,000 products listed, with thousands more available to order, Euro-Fit provide for all the furniture fixtures and fittings needs for the Office, Kitchen and Shop Fitting industries.
The qualification will consist of the following:
- Edexcel Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage
- Transferable Skills
- Functional Skills in English Level 1 - Level 2 test to be taken prior to end point assessment
- Functional Skills in Mathematics Level 1 - Level 2 test to be taken prior to end point assessment
20% Additional off the job training - Must be at least 20% of the time; is paid and outside the normal day-to-day working duties. It can include: Theory teaching, Practical training (e.g. shadowing, mentoring, industry visits, attendance at competitions) Learning support, Writing assignments/assessments.
End Point Assessment (Requirement to achieve the Apprenticeship Standard)
The majority of learning will take place in the workplace, i.e. with the support of a work mentor or supervisor. The candidate will be allocated an individual assessor with regular "on the job" visits with additional support available where required.
Logistics and Supply Chain > Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
CHAMBER TRAINING (HUMBER) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chamber Training (Humber) Limited
Carol Gill 01482 611896 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017