Baking and Customer Service Apprentice Simply Celebrate Uk
This a fantastic opportunity to work for a unique, independent coffee shop and celebration cake-maker within a customer service environment based in Borrowash.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working in the coffee shop environment you will be responsible for serving customers in the coffee shop area as well as dealing with enquiries and purchases from the boutique shop as well.
There would also be an element of learning to bake various decorative cakes for events so an existing interest in baking would be beneficial.
Specific Duties to Include:
- Serving beverages and food to customers
- Supporting the supervisor with running the coffee shop area
- Rotating and looking after stock
- Dressing shop windows and interior of shop area
- Dealing with general enquiries
- Till work and cash handling
- Creating certain products for sale within the shop
- Baking and decorating cakes
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to provide clear and concise communications either verbally or written
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Confident to talk to a variety of people
- Well presented
- Willing to learn
- Proactive in their approach to work
- Able to follow instructions
- Conscientious with attention to detail
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent to include Maths and English
About the employer
The successful candidate will complete a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship standard:
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills (including English Level 1 and Maths Level 1)
- Completion of Employer Rights and Responsibilities Booklet
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Prostart
Lawrence Turton 0115 9468182 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017