Apprentice Sales Ledger Accounts Administrator, Reading BUNZL UK LIMITED
Lockhart is a friendly people focused company with a fantastic track record of promoting from within and developing people through the business.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We promote our company values Creativity; Ambition; Teamwork; Empowerment and Responsibility (CATER) in everything we do and have schemes in place that recognise & reward those who exemplify our values. We enjoy regular social activities arranged by our social committee & offer the level of company benefits that you would expect to see when joining a FTSE 100 company; these include shopping discounts at many high street stores & cinemas plus a cycle to work scheme and many more. This role sits within our Sales Ledger and Credit Control team.
- Validate payments received via our web-site & investigate any anomalies, bringing any areas of concern to the attention of your line manager before releasing sales orders for shipment.
- Reconciliation of customer pre-pay accounts including matching, investigating anomalies & raising customer refunds.
- Identify & accurately post/allocate customer payments to the correct accounts within 24 hours of receipt recording the batch details in the excel cash book.
- Process credit note requests within 48 hours of receipt after checking for suitable approval & potential duplication.
- Posting/allocating customer payments & journals to the correct accounts within 24 hours of receipt.
- Furnish customers with copy invoices and/or proof of delivery when requested.
- Organise and monitor your workload to achieve benchmark processing deadlines & targets, adjusting task priorities when needed.
- Collect and distribute incoming & outgoing post for the department, daily.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Accuracy & Attention to detail.
- Ambitious & Enthusiastic.
- Keen to Learn.
- Experience in Microsoft Office – Specifically Excel.
- Good Numeracy skills.
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English A-C or 9-4 (new GCSE Grades).
Things to consider
About the employer
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
leoni Hirst 01623627191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017