Apprentice Office Assistant Exchange Chambers
The role of office assistant is key within Barristers Chambers. You will be supporting the Clerks with the day to day administration of chambers to ensure its smooth running. The role will be varied and include a range of tasks from administration to dealing with enquiries. You will be expected to maintain a professional manner at all times.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Answer internal and external calls promptly.
- Distribute the post.
- Enter in-coming cheques.
- Ensure that urgent faxes and messages are distributed promptly.
- Collect and distribute briefs to Counsel.
- DX – weigh post and ensure that post is ready by 3.45pm each evening. (DX records to be kept). Any misdirected mail to be forwarded on each day.
- Responsible for filing CFA’s, ordering stationery and making sure cupboard fully stocked at all times, ensuring paper well stocked.
- Photocopying for Barristers. Ensure photocopier, printers and fax machines are regularly supplied with paper.
- Ensure conference rooms are kept tidy and ready for use.
- Take persons attending conference to meet Counsel.
- Prepare rooms ready for use when seminars/meetings are being held.
- Run errands for senior members of staff and barristers.
- Tea/coffee to be made for the staff/barristers in the morning and afternoon.
- Check the kitchen cupboards are always well stocked and ensure there are enough cups for conferences throughout the day.
- Provide refreshments when required.
- Ensure milk supplies are adequate.
- Assist with month end reports.
- Assist with BMIF reports.
- Ensure corridors are kept free from obstruction.
- To cover for the Receptionist in her absence
- To liaise with the IT department as and when required.
- To enter the incoming post as directed by the Senior Clerk.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise, excellent organisation and administrative ability.
- Ability to use initiative and to work well under pressure / to deadlines.
- An understanding in all Microsoft office packages, in particular excel, and ability to maintain records, spreadsheets and databases;
- Good Team player.
- Professional telephone manner and the ability to take messages effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willing to listen and learn
- 5 or more GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English & Maths at Grade C or above.
About the employer
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Damar Training
Kat Buckley 07525 832831 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017