NHS Administrative Apprenticeship in Surgical Services Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, Surgical Services Department are looking to recruit a dedicated, reliable administrator for their busy administration team. This is an exciting and varied role which will provide a great career start for anyone wishing to join the NHS in an admin function.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The vacancy is within the administration team of our Surgical Services Department and will be a great career start for anyone wishing to join the NHS in an administrative function. This is a fixed term agreement lasting 12 months, working towards a Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship framework with the opportunity to continue working at the Trust after the Apprenticeship. The qualification will be delivered by Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust.
- To achieve an apprentice framework (Functional Skills & BTEC QCF Diploma) within the specified time frame. Attend all of the training sessions for the programme (1 day a week) whenever necessary. Undertake any necessary home work during the length of the course.
- To provide admin support and assist the teams with general office duties (such as filing, scanning, typing, data input, photocopying, booking rooms, ordering stationary) as directed by the Administration Team Leader.
- To assist and deal with enquiries and information requests by face to face, telephone and email by way of message taking, conveying messages verbally and/or transferring callers calls, as necessary, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Input, retrieve and update information and records using the Departmental and Trust computer systems, as required.
- To respond to all emails, correspondence and telephone calls and liaise with other departments within the Trust in a friendly and professional manner, when assigned with that task.
- To ensure that security in the work environment is maintained, locking doors and windows, challenging unknown persons who enter the work area and by wearing the Trust identity badge at all times whilst at work.
- To undertake statutory and mandatory training as required in accordance with Trust’s policies and procedures.
- The post holder may be required to work cross site at City & Sandwell Hospitals.
- To enter and record details on excel spreadsheet.
Requirements and prospects
- Proficient in reading and writing and routine note/message taking.
- Able to follow written instruction.
- Applicants will be proficient in a range of Microsoft Office applications
Communication and Verbal Skills:
- Able to speak and understand English and communicate at all levels
- Communication skills for customer facing work.
- Be computer literate and be able to use a standard keyboard proficiently.
- Maintain a positive working environment.
- To be able to work as part of a multi-professional team.
- Work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly.
- To have a good telephone manner
- Advise and redirect enquiries to relevant staff/team.
- Able to deal with several on-going tasks.
- Ability to act professionally at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Has good organisation skills and work with accuracy and self-motivated.
- Use of initiative but understands and adheres to their own designated limits of authority.
- The ability to deliver a quality service.
GCSE Maths & English grade A* to C (9-4) or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
On the job training provided in the workplace with 20% off the job training provided by Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, Training Provider
- Corporate Mandatory Training (H&S, Lifting and Handling, Infection Control, etc.)
- Administration duties
- Customer Service techniques
- Use of ICT
- QCF Diploma in Business Administration Level 2
- Functional Skills up to Level 2
Business and Administration
SANDWELL AND WEST BIRMINGHAM HOSPITALS NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE TRUST
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals
Libby Marshall email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017