Apprentice Healthcare Assistants Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals
Are you a caring and reliable person? If you have a passion to work in the NHS this fantastic opportunity for a Healthcare Apprenticeship could be right for you. Now recruiting to a range of exciting opportunities at Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust that will really bring your ambition to life!
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
PROVISION OF SUPPORT TO HEALTHCARE TEAM
- Contribute to the delivery of patient care in accordance with appropriate Trust policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain patient comfort and safety through the delivery of essential care such as assistance with toileting and personal hygiene including washing, dressing & oral care.
- Ensure patients receive adequate hydration and nutrition through support and assistance with feeding where required.
- Build and maintain professional caring relationships with patients, relatives and carers.
- To participate with other members of the ward/department team to maintain cleanliness and safety of clinical environment, including the cleaning of basic equipment.
- Report and document all care provided and any concerns to the qualified nurse in charge
Requirements and prospects
- Motivated and enthusiastic about working in a healthcare environment
- Good organisational skills
- Apply attention to detail
- Flexible with ability to work as part of a team
- Be able to interpret and follow verbal and written instructions
- We are looking for dedicated individuals wanting to start and grow their career in the NHS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion to work in the NHS
- To be friendly, caring, reliable, punctual and honest
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, patients and carers
Maths and English GCSE Grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Apprenticeship Standard in Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW) over 15 months
- Functional Skill as required to Level 2
- Both on and off the job training will be provided by Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
- Corporate Mandatory Training (H&S, Lifting and Handling, Infection Control, etc.)
- Participate in personal development reviews and work to achieve personal objectives/competencies.
Healthcare > Healthcare Support Worker
SANDWELL AND WEST BIRMINGHAM HOSPITALS NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE TRUST
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals
Libby Marshall email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017