Apprentice Recreational Assistant/Lifeguard BOURNEMOUTH YOUNG MEN'S CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION
To be responsible for the health & safety of pool users. To assist in the running of all areas within the leisure facility including swimming lessons, gymnasium, party hosts.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To be involved in the operational running of the centre, ensuring all procedures and systems are strictly adhered.
Specific responsibilities may vary through a typical shift will include Lifeguarding duties, sports changeovers in the hall / studios, general cleaning and housekeeping.
- Lifeguarding duties
- Altering of the hall and studio for the next required sport/activity
- General housekeeping covering stores, fire exits, public areas, changing rooms, toilets etc.
- Assisting in dry side & wet side coaching as instructed
Requirements and prospects
An interest in sport would be beneficial.
Candidates must have a passion for wanting to work within the leisure industry, they must be willing to work across a variety of areas and strive to complete their qualification and all tasks set.
No previous qualifications are required however the successful candidate must be able to complete and successfully achieve their National Pool Lifeguard Qualification before employment starts.
Things to consider
About the employer
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations
- Active IQ NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services
- Knowledge Qualification
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
- Transferable Skills
- City & Guilds Functional Skills Level 1 English and Mathematics
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Locomotivation Ltd
Debbie MacLeod 07816856191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017