Apprentice Workshop Fabricator and Welder McCulloughs Ltd
Established in 2005 McCulloughs Ltd is based in Newmarket Suffolk and specialises in design, manufacture, installation and aftercare of air conditioning and ventilation systems. An in-house manufacturing team produce bespoke ductwork, filter houses, and commercial kitchen canopies. They have an opportunity for an apprentice to join the team.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
McCulloughs Ltd has an on-site workshop where a highly skilled manufacturing team produce bespoke ductwork, filter houses, and commercial kitchen canopies to DW144 & DW172 specifications.
As an Apprentice Fabricator you will be an integral part of the Manufacturing team. Your role will be to accurately manufacture ductwork following fabrication drawings.
The role will include:
- Manufacture of ductwork.
- Understanding of Fabrication drawings.
- Cutting out and shaping sections of sheet metal using a variety of hand and computer controlled machines.
- Produce accurate work and examine work for defects.
- Use of Press Brake, Punch Machine, Guillotine and welding equipment (training given).
- Working safely in a workshop environment.
- General workshop housekeeping.
The day to day contact will be with the Manufacturing Team and Workshop Manager. The workshop runs in liaison with the main office, which is also on site.
Requirements and prospects
Key skills to demonstrate:
- Ability to work well as part of a team, and as an individual.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a methodical approach to tasks.
- A desire to learn new skills.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Takes pride in self and work.
- Ability to cut and shape sheet metal using hand and computerised machinery (training given)
- Committed to continuous improvement.
To be an effective member of the team, McCulloughs are looking for a candidate who is:
- Friendly and hard working.
- Well organised.
- Have a positive energy and a commitment to improve.
- None required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Fabrication and Welding Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship.
- Fabrication and Welding Engineering Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma.
- Fabrication and Welding Engineering Technology Level 3 Diploma.
- Functional Skills English Level 2.
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2.
- Functional Skills ICT Level 2.
WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Suffolk College
Sam Ridgeon firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017