Apprentice Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant V C CORPORATION LTD
We are currently looking for an apprentice who will gain excellent knowledge and skills which will contribute to successfully gaining recognised qualifications to allow them to work as a qualified Dispensing Assistant in the future.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Duties will include the accurate dispensing and labelling of prescription items with guidance and supervision from the Pharmacist.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the ordering and management of stock levels within the dispensary/shop.
- As a Dispensing Assistant you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and working to high standards, meeting individual and team objectives.
- You will also be responsible for assisting in the smooth running of the branch by following company procedures, as well as assisting with the dispensing and labelling of prescription items.
- To be successful in this role you will need a desire to learn and progress in our business.
- You will also be responsible for smooth running of shop side of the pharmacy and giving people advice on health topics such as cough & cold, etc.
- You will be required to do cashing up every day and day to day jobs such as putting order away for dispensary and shop and ordering stock where applicable.
Requirements and prospects
- Quick learner.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Able complete Level 2 Buttercups course within 18 months.
- Able to use computer in order to do parts of Buttercups course online.
- Eager to learn.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Basic level of Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
V C CORPORATION LTD
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ)(QCF).
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science.
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (with the option to complete Level 2).
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Medicine Counter Assistant (MCA) Course.
Health - Pharmacy Services
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Alex Zielinska 0115 937 4936 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017