Level 2 Assembly and Manufacturing Apprenticeship Salamander Pumped Shower Systems
Apprenticeship in Performing Manufacturing Operations. This role will focus on preparing materials, components and subsequently assembling the pump product from detailed drawings.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include learning the processes and activities within the manufacturing environment.
As an intermediate apprentice in manufacturing you will be responsible for:
- Assembling bespoke pump products
- Materials handling
- Machine set up
- Final assembly and quality checking
The successful apprentice will learn how to read drawings, how to compile materials plans, how to assemble components to produce complex pumps and fixtures. The apprentice will be expected to learn the full process including final test.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn
- Positive attitude.
- Good timekeeping
- Good communication skills
- Keen interest in manufacturing
- The ideal candidate will have GCSEs grade D or above in Maths & English (or equivalent).
- Please note that Level 2 Adult Literacy and Level 2 Adult Numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to certificate awarding body requirements.
Things to consider
About the employer
- The intermediate apprenticeship is typically a 1 year programme.
- The technical certificate aspect of the programme is delivered at the employers premises so no day release is required.
- The apprenticeship also includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities as well as Personal Learning and Thinking Skills qualifications.
- The apprentice will work towards an NVQ level 2 qualification.
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyne North Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017