Technical Service Advisor - Business Administration Norcros Group (Holdings) Ltd
A very busy office based administration role, dealing with customers and the general public. Technical support mainly via telephone and email. Also dealing with our external sales team on technical matters
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will undertake a range of duties withing a busy working office which will include:
- Providing written and verbal advice to architects, fixers and the general public in all aspects of tiling.
- Preparing written NBS M40 specifications for architects, fixers and distributors in accordance with relevant British Standards.
- Writing detailed letters and reports based upon site visit reports and laboratory test results in relation to failures and product complaints, in accordance with ISO9001.
- Logging, updating and maintaining technical and product complaint spreadsheets and paperwork in accordance with ISO9001.
- Maintaining departmental KPI’s
Requirements and prospects
- Basic science knowledge
- Good computer skills
- good telephone manner
- good customer service skills
- able to converse with people at all levels ie general public, tile fixers, retailers, architects etc
- excellent literacy skills - able to compose technical letters based upon site reports and laboratory results
- ability to think and process information in a logical and orderly manner
- able to work unsupervised
- team player
- Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Norcros Group (Holdings) Ltd
You undertake training from the employer and Stoke College to gain a level 2 Certificate in Business Administration, and if required, you can achieve level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in Mathematics, English, and ICT.
The level 2 certificate in Business Administration will give you a foundation of knowledge and experience in the role, which you can then strengthen to progres
Business and Administration
STOKE ON TRENT COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stoke-on-Trent College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017