Extrusion Die Tool Designer Engineer Apprentice Elite Extrusion Die Limited
An opportunity to learn how to design extrusion die tools for the production of bespoke aluminium profiles.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To learn how to design simple to complex extrusion die tools large and small for the production of bespoke aluminium profiles.
- Provide feasibility studies and technical support to the customer.
- Develop 2d drawings using PEPS and bespoke macros.
- Provide on-going technical support to the customer.
- Liaise with the production department on the efficient manufacture of the tooling.
- Learn how customer extrusion press, operation and tooling work.
- Learn all the various parts that make up the die tool stack for both hollow and solid profile extrusions.
Requirements and prospects
Computer Literate with good I.T. Skills
Requires large amounts of attention to detail, forward thinking and problem solving.
GCSE Grades A*-C (or equivalent) in Maths and English Language are essential. A minimum of GCSE Grade C in Science and knowledge or use of ICT is also desirable.
Having the right attitude, work ethic and commitment to your education as well as your employment are essential requirements to this role.
About the employer
As the successful apprentice you will undertake an Apprenticeship in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering to include an NVQ, Knowledge Certificate, Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where applicable), Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS).
The Apprenticeship will be delivered by a South Gloucestershire & Stroud College Assessor over 1-2 academic years. You will be required to attend Berkeley Campus to complete any underpinning knowledge support through day release over 1-2 academic years. You will see the majority of your assessments towards your qualifications undertaken within the workplace environment. You will be assigned a supervisor/mentor within the workplace, who will support you to develop your workplace skills, knowledge and experience throughout the duration of your apprenticeship programme.
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Nikki Mann 01453 761100 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017