Administration Assistant Apprentice - White Rose Maths Hub Trinity Academy Halifax
Basic Job Purpose •To work across both White Rose Maths HUB and Trinity Teaching School Alliance as part of the administration team to deliver a high quality service. •To support the administration team to undertake, and carry out general administration tasks. •To deal with hospitality of internal and external events.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Work as part of the general office team to take supervision in the form of receiving instructions, training and guidance to ensure that a quality administration service is provided.
- Meet and greet delegates at internal events and courses and assisting with setting up the rooms for these events.
- Deal with basic administrative duties, such as photocopying, post distribution, printing and packing course materials, delegate badges and registers.
- Arrange hospitality requests and catering orders.
- Deal with enquiries, taking messages and ensuring that messages are communicated in a timely manner.
- To use all the equipment and machinery safety and efficiently after instruction.
- To report to the Senior Administrator, any problems that may arise from customer dissatisfaction.
- Assist with general office duties such as general filing of documents, booking meeting rooms and updating the calendar.
- To regularly use Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and a range of other IT packages.
- To be available, if required, for emergency mailings and short notice communications.
Other Specific Duties;
- All staff are expected to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside the organisation.
- To continue personal professional development as required.
- Attend staff and other meetings and participate in staff training and development events as required.
- To actively engage in the performance review process.
- All support staff may be used to perform appropriate duties as and when required by the organisation, commensurate with the salary grade of that post if it is higher than the employee’s current salary.
- To work in the best interests of the organisation.
- To adhere to policies and procedures with particular reference to Child Protection, Equal Opportunities, Teaching and Learning and Health and Safety.
- To work flexibly, including some evening work, and to travel, as required, to meet the needs of the role.
- To work at locations across the academy trust, as required.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
This job description is current at the date shown, but, in consultation with you, may be changed by the Principal to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Administration or office experience.
- IT skills.
- Work as an effective team member and apply given instructions.
- Able to apply written and verbal instructions to equipment.
- Able to accurately input information onto databases.
- Able to organise, plan and complete tasks.
- Able to work in a school environment, around children and young people.
- High personal standards and able to provide a role model for students and staff seek support and advice when necessary.
- Willingness to develop own understanding through advice and training.
- Think clearly in emergency situations
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
- Prioritise and manage own time effectively.
- Reliability, integrity and stamina.
- Respect confidentiality
Basic numeracy & literacy skills and also administration or office experience
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
- The successful candidate will work towards a NVQ L2 qualification
- Functional skills if required
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Holly Webster 01422 418441 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017