Apprentice ICT Technician COMMUNITY ACADEMIES TRUST
Do you love fixing computers and finding out how they work? Do you enjoy providing a high standard of customer service as well as keeping up to date with the latest technology? How would you like to turn this into a career? With this apprenticeship you will have exposure and training on all aspects of IT hardware.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working in the IT department the main duties will include:
- Assist with setting up of IT/ICT equipment
- Maintenance or simple repair of IT equipment/apparatus where within the competence of the postholder or liaise with suppliers or companies for repairs.
- Image PCs and Laptops and install
- Install software, evaluate new and existing software
- Provide basic training in /instruction on software
- Provide ‘on-call’ assistance to resolve curriculum based faults/problems where possible
- Maintain and update asset register / stock records for ICT equipment
- Issue ICT equipment
- Issue and record digital cameras
- Promote the use of ICT within the school
- Assist with IT participation in the classroom, library and IT suites
- Assist with IT design/DTP as required, e.g. for school awards, publicity, displays
- Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of specialist IT resources
(e.g. school website or other IT based school resource )
- Password administration on the school network.
- Assist in the User administration of the school Office365 tenancy.
- Creation of teaching materials.
- Ensure that ICT rooms run effectively and are secure and tidy.
- Together with other ICT support staff, monitor Child Protection software and liaise with senior staff should any issues arise.
- Provide cover for other ICT suites in the case of absence.
- Supervise ICT suite at agreed lunchtimes, and after school for course work and clubs.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Customer service skills
- Able to carry out procedures, routines and follow instructions.
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements as part of the apprenticeship.
- Able to establish good working relationships with colleagues, pupils, parents and outside agencies.
- Good time-keeping and time management.
- A commitment to the work ethic.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Birmingham for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals.
The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2017