Trainee Dental Nurse Parkway Dental Care
Keep the clinical areas, all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions Use equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained and in good working order
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ask the Lead Dental Nurse to order new stock supplies as necessary
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities – specifically the Dental Nurse Training course as discussed with the Practice Manager
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
Requirements and prospects
Team player, good organisational skills, forward thinking and good time management.
Enthusiastic, motivated, approachable, reliable, flexible, honest.
Entry is subject to interview and assessment. You will need to have relevant employment.
In addition, you need to have 4 GCSEs at grade D / 3 or higher, including English and Maths or have relevant experience* and be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding Level 1 in English and maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Parkway Dental Care
You will learn through a combination of on- and off-the-job training. You will attend college on a day release basis during term time and spend the rest of your time earning and learning in the workplace. You will be assessed on a continuous basis through a combination of knowledge and practical assessment activities, including assessment of activities in the workplace.
The Apprenticeship has a minimum duration of 24 months unless you are aged 19 or older and have undertaken relevant prior learning.
Your progress will be continuously monitored and supported by an Apprenticeship Achievement Officer.
Health - Dental Nursing
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
Matt 02380 911 170 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017